15 October 2008

Bottled water has contaminants too, study finds (AP)

Here in Pound Ridge everyone has well water. One of the challenges of living here besides chronically dry skin is the fact that the water is undrinkable. We had it tested and discovered that it contains high levels of calcium and magnesium - a hardness of 11!!!!!! So we always drink bottled water because drinking tap water around here is like drinking milk of magnesia (at least I don't have to worry about my bone density!) Now, with this article, we have to buy the expensive stuff - We had been buying the Acadia because it was a full 50 cents a gallon cheaper but I guess you get what you pay for. Good old NYC water - I miss water that didn't turn my hair to orange frizz, age my skin 30 years with each shower (even my daughters need moisturizing and they are only 17 mos old), and that I could drink without getting disentary!!!!

read more | digg story

No comments: